Everfit 1.0 metre x 1.0 metre Fire Blankets
1.0 meter x 1.0 meter Fire Blanket
certified & approved to AS/NZS 3504
WHAT IS A FIRE BLANKET AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
A Fire Blankets are s a highly flame-resistant blanket that can be used to either extinguish a small fire or to wrap around a person. They are made from 2 layers of woven glass fibre fabric and an inner layer of fire retardant film. They work by cutting off the oxygen supply (oxygen is one of the three elements that a fire needs to burn) and smothering the fire.
HOW TO USE A FIRE BLANKET
It is vital that you know the correct way of using a Fire Blanket should you ever have to do so in an emergency, at work or at home.
- 1. Pull and Remove the fire blanket from its container and hold it by the fabric straps.
- 2. Carefully cover the flames with the fire blanket
- 3. Turn off source of the heat.
- 4.Leave the fire Blanket in place until cool
- 5. Call the Fire Brigade on 000-112
- 6. To extinguish a clothing fire wrap the fire blanket around the victim, drop the victim to the ground and roll the victim on the ground until the fire is out. Seek medical attention.
- To prevent burns on the hands and arms, make sure you wrap the top edges of the blanket around your hands to protect them. Roll up your sleeves so they do not catch in the flames. , making sure that you cover the whole area so that you can effectively cut off the airflow and extinguish the flames.
- However, If the fire is larger than the blanket, do not attempt to put it out. GET OUT and call the fire brigade immediately.
- DO NOT touch the fire blanket or anything underneath it until at least an hour has passed since the fire was extinguished.
Fire Blankets can also be used when existing a burning building.
Ensure that everyone knows where the fire blanket is stored and knows how to remove the blanket from its canister, should you ever need it. It is also mandatory that an identification sign is displayed alongside the blanket.