A very wide range of quality Therapeutic Support Static Mattresses are available -please choose from one of the many options. Any questions, please call 1 800 908 903 and one of our helpful customer service representatives will be happy to assist.
Pressure Ulcers and Wound Care
With 24% of skilled nursing residents developing pressure ulcers at some time according to published reports, Invacare Continuing Care is committed to fulfilling its promise to residents of life better lived through support surfaces that are designed to prevention and help with the treatment of pressure ulcers. Pressure ulcers are a significant, common and costly medical problem associated with the care of residents in long term care facilities.
For the Clinician
With the implementation of pressure ulcer prevention protocols, long term care facilities may also reduce costs associated with treating pressure ulcers, improve resident quality of life, and decrease risk of litigation. Clinicians play an integral role in the care and treatment of pressure ulcers. Invacare is committed to providing tools to assist in assessment and therapy.
Designed for the prevention and treatment of stage I-IV pressure ulcers, the Invacare dynamic surfaces provide vital pressure relief for residents with deteriorating skin. To maximize safety and comfort of the resident and caregiver, Invacare® microAIR® models include innovative features and technology with high quality, durable materials.
The Invacare TSS mattresses are designed to prevent and relieve pressure ulcers by redistributing weight as uniformly as possible and allowing blood to low through capillaries prone to lesion development. The Prevention, Therapy and Resolution mattress systems offer solutions in static support surfaces for residents ranging from low to high risk.
Hybrid Support Surfaces
One mattress, two modalities. The uniquely designed Invacare® Softform Active™ 2 Hybrid Support Surface blends comfort with technology, using a combination of foam and air. The mattress allows stepping up and down between static and dynamic alternating systems with minimum resident disruption. Delivering additional levels of pressure relief, the Active 2 support surface provides the simplicity and innovation of complete pressure care.
• Unique castellated cells break the surface tensions of the foam, allowing the patient to be immersed into the foam, maximizing body contact area and optimizing pressure reduction.
• The Softform Premier mattress features premium HR foam cut into mushroom-shaped cells to allow superior patient immersion and pressure redistribution.
• The Softform Excel mattress features a unique keyhole cut to ensure proper airflow through the foam to maintain a consistent temperature while moving with the patient for improved comfort.
Single-piece U Core
• The Softform Premier mattress features a single piece foam "U" core which facilitates patient transfer by providing effective side-wall support. Manufacturing the core out of one piece of foam vs. glued sections results in a strong, durable mattress.
• Softform mattress covers feature a concealed zipper, reducing possible risk of fluid ingress.
• Fully removable covers allow for easy replacement, laundering and inspection of foam.
Premium fluid-resistant cover
• Softform mattress covers are four-way stretch polyurethane and feature a tough coated polyurethane base to extend the longevity of the mattress. The Softform Premier mattress features high frequency welded seams; the Softform Excel Mattress features stitched seams.
Raised Side Rail (RSR) covers available separately
• Customize Softform mattresses with RSR covers as needed for patients requiring additional side support. Widths up to 48" available.
A very wide range of quality mattresses available. Any questions, please call 1 800 908 903 and one of our helpful customer service representatives will be happy to assist.